The getting ready portion of the wedding day is probably my favorite or second favorite part of the day. It's at a close tie with sunset Bride and Groom portraits :). Because it's such an important part of the day, it's also very important to think about prepping for this part of the day too! Here are a few things to think about:
1. LOCATION: Look at your getting spot as an indoor space for a portrait session, rather than just a place with a bed. Think windows and light walls and avoid basements!
2. GATHER THE GOODS: We will document all of your details relevant to the wedding day. A few things to have set aside together are the dress, veil, shoes, jewelry, perfume, invitation suite, and all three rings!
3. INVITATION SUITE: Using a calligrapher? Have her address an additional envelope to a guest with a fake address. This ensures that if the wedding is published this guest's address isn't displayed! Vintage stamps within your color palette are also something to consider!
4. FLOWERS: Make sure your florist delivers to your getting ready location! Flowers add so much to all of the details you provide. So I don't need to adjust your bouquet, be sure to ask for some additional loose flowers so I can use them to stylize your invitation and details.
5. EXTRA ELEMENTS: Having something that is unique to your day is another great way to help me style your details. Are you using birchwood or marble for your reception details? Do you have extra fabric from your bridesmaids hemming their dresses? Bring the material and/or fabric to the getting ready part of the day so I can tie together your whole day seamlessly.
Do you have some additional ideas? I'd love to hear them below! In the mean time, I hope this helps you as your plan your big day!