If you're anything like me, you've had a running list of who would be your bridesmaids your whole life. For those of you that haven't and are struggling on who to pick, here are a few tips to get you started.
1. How many do you want? You DON'T have to match your soon to be hubby. It's all the rage to have a mismatched bridal party and you can jump in on that trend.
2. First and foremost, you want to think of who you love and couldn't imagine your day without. Most think of their sister first, but do you have more than one best friend that fits that ultimate friend description? Not only are you a lucky bride-to-be but it is now common place to have co-maids-of-honor. Not only do you love them both equally, but now they can share in the planning of your bachelorette and bridal shower!
3. Are you close with your groom's sister or sister-in-law? It's generally a good rule of thumb to include her in your support system for the day because she means so much to your hubby.
4. Now's the tough part. You have so many friends on this next level that you can't imagine picking one without the other. Here are a few ideas:
a. Pick one from each of your "groups" (i.e.: college, high school, post college etc.). Be sure to explain to the rest in the group that she is representing all of them as a whole and that you love them all equally.
b. Pick all of them from one group - just explain to the other groups you were sticking with a theme.
c. Or maybe you know which one's you are closest to and have no problem picking them out. Awesome!
5. Bottom line is, who will be there for you? If you have a wonderful friend that you know might not be well suited to help out as your bridesmaid for any number of reasons, have that conversation with her. Feelings get hurt when you aren't open and honest with your friends, so although the discussions might be hard, have them.
Any other combos or ideas you can think of? Leave them in the comments below!