Good morning, everyone and happy Tuesday! I'm not sure what lead to these questions randomly popping up from other photographers, but I'm truly honored that I'm looked up to for guidance at this point in my career. Many brides and grooms have also asked the same "What's in your bag?" type questions, so I thought it'd be beneficial for EVERYONE to know what I shoot with! Here's a little sample of what you can find in my bag on any given wedding day.
Note to Photographers: This is not at all saying you NEED to have these items! There are much more affordable versions of everything I mention, but I have found that these match up best with my style and needs! Find what works best for YOUR style. :)
1. Canon 5D MkIII - Obsessed. When I picked up a camera for the first time at age seven even through getting my degree in Communications Photography at Syracuse, I didn't know there could ever be something so amazingly perfect and powerful down the line for me. I have two (one for a backup) and wouldn't trade them for anything. Even Chris texted me the first time he used one exclaiming he will never go back.
2. Canon 50mm 1.2 - This is my go to lens. I prefer my images to look like they could grace the pages of a magazine and this lens does just that. The glass is incomparable and it gives me that tack sharp quality I am always looking for.
3. Holdfast Money Maker (straps) - These are amazing and allow for me to drop my camera at a moments notice and preform whatever wedding saving stunt needs to happen that very second. It allows me to be extremely quick on my feet and able to switch lenses to catch that distant laughter or kiss!
4. Canon 70-200mm 2.8 - I LOVE this lens because it helps me capture any moment from afar! I have it strapped in from the ceremony on and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I also love to use this for proposals so I'm in the distance and not distracting the moment in front of me!
5. Canon 100mm Macro 2.8 - Details, details, details! Details are one of my FAVORITE parts of the day so why wouldn't I have the lens to match the gorgeousness of what I'm photographing?!
6. Canon 600EX-RT - The fact that these have a BUILT IN radio system sold me immediately. I have four on hand on the wedding day!
7. Wedding Day Timeline - Call me old fashioned, but I have a printed out copy of the wedding day timeline on hand at all times. The last thing I want is to be looking on my phone and have someone think I'm texting! So my phone stays completely tucked away (usually in my car) for full attention on the day at hand.
8. 16-32GB CF Cards and 32-64GB SD Cards - I don't like to shoot on higher than a 32GB card. In addition, I ALWAYS have a backup card in my camera recording exactly what I'm shooting again to avoid any and all card corruption.
In an effort to not bore you completely, I'll leave it there. Of course I have many more lenses that allow me to capture from 10mm-200mm for any given situation but the above equipment is what I am using most often throughout the day. As always please don't hesitate to leave any follow up questions below!