I have found that often when a couple chooses not to do a first look, it’s because the groom doesn’t want to do one! Even Chris would have preferred not to but I couldn’t fathom not doing one when everything is in the same place (meaning there was no gap in the wedding day so we would have had to miss cocktail hour and extend it to do all of our pictures!)…Read More
Now that you all have seen our fairy tale wedding… I feel like we can FINALLY share some photos from our honeymoon to Greece! Six months later and I am still nostalgic over every photo. This place was simply gorgeous everywhere you turn. I was in awe of the kindness of the locals and we are already planning to return for our ten year anniversary!!Read More
I feel like I may say this every… single… year, but to say I’m excited for this upcoming season would be an understatement. Not only to do I absolutely LOVE every single couple from even our brief conversations in some cases, but their venues are going to be some of the most beautiful backdrops you have EVER seen.Read More
BLOG TAKEOVER: As we head into the warmer months and so many of you approach your wedding days, I’m sure you are facing a whirlwind of beautiful details to finalize, questionnaires to fill out with your vendors, invitation assembly and stacks and stacks of petite RSVP cards being returned to you in your mailbox!Read More
It's time for our second installation of the step by step series of our wedding planning! Let me start by saying I know it's completely odd that we didn't use our engagement photos for our Save the Date, being wedding photographers and all…Read More
This past year has been filled with so many surprise opportunities and new friendships, and I have to say a BIG part of that was a result of the Rising Tide Society's Tuesdays Together meetings…Read More
Ok I'll admit... while I seriously LOVE styled invitation photos, this can be one of the most stressful parts of the wedding day. I try to make every invitation suite look unique and perfect…Read More
For some of you avid travelers these might seem like no brainers but for me learning all of this was GOLD! My friend Sophia travels the world on practically a daily basis and I'll never forget the time she helped me pack for two weeks in a carry on. It was magical. I'm now putting all of these to use AGAIN because we leave for Ireland, Switzerland and Scotland on THURSDAY!! Hopefully these will help you as you plan for your honeymoon!
1. Lay everything out - I dunno about you, but if I see free space in my bag, I think to myself I must be forgetting something and I need to bring more. NO! Lay everything out first and you won't over pack.
2. Roll Away - This seems so simple, but rolling everything saves so much space. I know. I didn't believe it either until I tried it.
3. Get Separator Bags/Cubes - I actually don't have these but I plan to go out to Target today to find them. If you can pack your shirts in one bag, your dresses in another and your pants in another... you basically have DRAWERS when you get to your destination. My dad used to say "Kaboom!" when my luggage hit the bed and practically exploded from me digging for things and now Chris has adopted the same exclamation. I can't wait to prove them wrong on this trip!!
4. Interchangeable layers - Pinterest is amazzzzzing for this. Also Stitch Fix has been sending me guides on this too! See what different kind of outfits you can build with the same pieces. That'll make it look like you brought more outfits than you did!
5. Remember Your Passport - seems like a gimme, but the last thing you need is to show up ready to go and you forgot the most vital piece of the entire trip on your kitchen counter.
6. Leave Free Space - Normally I say leave half of your suitcase empty, but we're sticking to a carry on, so... not likely. If you're anything like me... the second you find Newbury Street's equivalent that bag starts to fill up pretttttty quickly!
This post is also to tell MJP brides and new 2018 MJP bride hopefuls that we MAY be a little delayed in answering emails. Do you see how that passport up there says 2008? Yep that's the last time I went to Europe and I imagine a few things have changed since then, but I'm heading over there remembering the last time when I had to stop at internet cafes to have any contact with the outside world.
Remember to follow along on Instagram to see all our travels! We aren't going for our honeymoon (obviously :-P), but I figured the packing concept was relatable. We are going to see friends living in Switzerland and we are so excited!!